Accessibility help
Hide this site

Complaint about Victim Support

We aim to give everyone who uses our services the best possible help. For us to achieve this, we need to know if things have gone wrong. Complaints will help us identify problems and put them right, so we welcome your views.

Most complaints can be dealt with informally by talking to a local manager, or to the service manager if your complaint is about the Victims' Information Service. They will listen to your views, make a record of what happened and make appropriate changes where possible.

If you feel that your concern cannot be dealt with in this way, we also have a formal complaints procedure. A senior local manager will carry out a detailed investigation and meet the person or team that you have raised a concern about.

Whatever you decide:

  • We are happy to talk to you about what has happened. 
  • We will always make sure that your complaint or concern is treated confidentially. 
  • You can tell us everything that happened. 
  • Your complaint will never be dealt with by the person who is the subject of your concern. It will always be handled by a senior manager who hasn’t been involved previously. 
  • We will get back to you in a set time-scale so that you always know what’s happening and can feel sure that we are treating your concern or complaint seriously. 
  • You will get an open and fair response. 
  • You will always be treated with respect and we’ll do all that we can to help find a way forward. 

How to complain about a service you've received from Victim Support

If you want to make a complaint about our services or activities, there are a number of ways you can do this:

  • In writing to your local Victim Support office or to this address: Victim Support, 2nd Floor, Whitecross Studios, 50 Banner St, London, EC1Y 8ST. 
  • By completing this online form
  • By phone either to your local office or 020 7268 0200. We will put you in contact with a local senior manager who will investigate what has happened. 
  • You can ask someone to help you make a complaint and to act on your behalf if you want.

What happens next?

How to appeal following a formal complaint

Your rights under the Data Protection Act


to top

to top